CATA’s 40th Anniversary Celebration
THE EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON THE RESCHEDULED DATE.
Please join us as we celebrate and honor 40 years of working alongside the immigrant community in the fight for justice. We’ll have live music, delicious food, and some great opportunities to support CATA’s work!
The Philadelphia Ethical Society
1906 Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia, PA 19103
Art Read, General Counsel
Justice at Work
Mayor, City of Bridgeton
CEO, Gateway CAP
MILPA – The Movement of Immigrant Leaders in PA
Lan Dinh, Farm & Food Sovereignty Projects Director
CATA Member – To Be Announced
Sponsorship Opportunities and Ad Journal Information here. For any questions, please contact us at 856-881-2507 or email@example.com . This is a great way to support CATA’s work and members, even if you are unable to attend the event.
Over our 40 years, CATA has achieved some great things!
- In 1993, we assisted with the formation of the first independent union of mushroom workers in Kennett Square, PA – The Kaolin Workers’ Union.
- In 2007, workers joined together to paint a Mural in Guanajuato, Mexico to celebrate the power of organizing.
- In 2010, we joined with 250,000 immigrants and allies from all over the country to March for Immigration Reform in Washington DC.
- In 2017, we worked with the City of Bridgeton to create a Municipal Identification program for all residents of the city.
- In 2019, CATA worked with other organizations around the state of New Jersey to win access to drivers’ licenses for ALL, regardless of immigration status.
Over the next decade, we will continue to fight for Workers’ Rights, Immigrant Rights and Food Justice. We are currently working to:
- Win access to Drivers’ Licenses for all in Pennsylvania – working with the Driving PA Forward Coalition.
- Working to educate mushroom workers and poultry workers about their rights in the workplace in Pennsylvania and Delmarva.
- Identify farmworkers’ top concerns around pesticide use in New Jersey.
- Growing and harvesting over 20 different varieties of organic fruits, vegetables, and herbs in our 3 Organic Community Gardens in Bridgeton, NJ, Kennett Square, PA and in Salisbury, MD.
Support CATA’s work and join us to celebrate 40 years! Tickets are $50 per person and can be purchased here.